12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic - 17&18 May 2013

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Anglers Choice
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic - 17&18 May 2013

Post by Anglers Choice »

Just a reminder that the 12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic will be held at Dundee Beach on 17 & 18 May. Over 200 ladies have registered to fish the two day competition. The Saturday night is set to be huge so if you are in the area drop by the Lodge and join in the festivities. We will be sure to post results on the forum with some pictures of the ladies and their catches.
Bec Ritzen (centre) with the longest barra in 2012 at 94cm with team mates.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

G1980
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic - 17&18 May 2013

Post by G1980 »

Cannot wait to get down to Dundee! Even if the fishing is tough, the drinks at the Lodge whilst watching the sunset more than makes up for it!
sharkbait
Seadog
Seadog

Post by sharkbait »

I'm heading down as a skipper, haven't fished Finnisss much before.. Anyone care to help with some tips?, it'd be nice to get the girls onto a fish or two..
Anglers Choice
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Anglers Choice »

Hi SharkBait - which team are you skippering? Went up Finniss / Little Finniss yesterday and landed 8 barra. Biggest was 78cm. I will be heading back out for a look see next Sunday 10th and will give you an update if you like. Check out my website too www.anglerschoice.com.au for regular Dundee Beach fishing updates. Looking forward to meeting you at the comp. Cheers, Emma
sharkbait
Seadog
Seadog

Post by sharkbait »

Thanks Emma. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, think one of the girls came up with it.. Good to hear there are still fish getting caught, I thought it might be quieting down a bit from the lack of runoff this year. I'll definately check your site and catch up at the comp.

Mick.
Anglers Choice
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Anglers Choice »

there is still a fair bit of fresh up the top so hopefully it should be good by comp weekend. Cheers - Em
chrisoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chrisoo »

goodluck ladies
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

They will need plenty of luck. Watching all of the girls returning fish less and full of ink from a days fishing on the Finniss is entertaining to say the least. Get down to the boat ramp for a laugh.
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Dundee Hombre wrote:They will need plenty of luck. Watching all of the girls returning fish less and full of ink from a days fishing on the Finniss is entertaining to say the least. Get down to the boat ramp for a laugh.
:rofl:

So the organisers just judge winners on no fish eh?

I have fished Reel Women since 2009 and never returned fishless or full of ink as you put it along with alot of other teams so saying 'ALL THE GIRLS' is not really a fair statment nor fact.

:cheers:

JQ
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Sorry JQ, I was over the top saying all the girls. Over the last few years that the comp has been run I have seen many lovely ladies in a very happy state upon returning to the ramp. The empties in the bin give the game away.
Anglers Choice
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Anglers Choice »

Here are some pictures of past winning teams over the last 12 years. It really is great to see such a large demographic of women from accross Australia fishing and having fun. For those of you that are unaware, there a two categories in the tournament. Skippered and Independent. Skippered allows the ladies that are less experienced to have a male skipper on board (but he cant touch their rod or landing net) and the Independent section recognises teams that have develpoped their fishing / boating skills to a level where the dont need suppport. Having said that, there is pleny of support available to teams over the weekend with marshall boats etc.. and i use one of the anglers choice charter boats as a pilot boat to help guide / navigate the ladies into the river. Over the last 12 years, 6 of winning teams have been independent teams of all ladies. It really is a great weekend. Cheers - Emma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.