One fella/Two fella

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

One fella/Two fella

Post by Davey D »

After splitting with the missus a couple weeks ago ive sat around the house drinking everyday. i need to get away for a little bit and was thinking of going camping at one fella or two fella creeks. are the tides this weekend and good for this place or should i wait for neaps. havent been there before but like the look of the place and i cant catch fish at gunn point and theres too many d heads out there. Any tips or info about this place would be much appreciated. cheers fellas

The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: One fella/Two fella

Post by Mud »

Hard lines Davey. I dont know about these creeks but Im probably going out to corrob again soon for some frogging....I'll pm ya when I do and see if your up for some lilly carnage!
Cheers
M
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Im keen for that mud. havent been to corob yet this year. do miss the place. and frogging sure is fun

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

gday Davey
Should do well in there with big tides at dawn and dusk Havnt camped there but I often fish it from the boat on those sort of tides and do alright,,caught good skinnies ,spotted macks ,goldies and blue salmon.Get most of em on the troll and have got the odd barra flickin the rock groins ,,,,go for it mate nice place to get away and clear the head ,,,, :drinking5:

cheers
Jeff
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

They are great creeks, the one nearest the lighthouse is best, it has great rock ledges - best camping during the week though, the usual idiots are out there on weekends.

No problem driving in this time of year, the swamp would be low, there is some soft sand at the end of the track, but usually not a problem.
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

nice cheers fellas, not too worried about dheads as long as they stay away from my stuff, had my antenna stolen last weekend. will let ya know if i go and hopefully will have a decent post with some fish pics.

ARTE ET MARTE
cunno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by cunno »

Good spot. We usually go out there a couple of times a year. Plenty of Bream on lightly weighted baits of the beach if the larger stuff doesn't want to play. We've found them hanging around even the smallest rock patched extending out from the beach.
Good luck.
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Any crabs in the creeks over there?

ARTE ET MARTE
Mez100
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mez100 »

Hey Davey, tough news mate, good work on heading out for a fish always help me when I need to clear the head.
I've been hitting up two fella creek a bit recently. Big tides are all good just make sure you camp high enough from the tidal marks but I'm sure your cluey enough to do that. Crabs are all good especially with the big tides you should be able to get a few. If you don't mind live baiting there are plenty of mullet and sand whiting around that do well on a running sinker rig, just make sure you've got enough wait with the big tides. Have seen queenies and salmon busting up bait in the early and late incoming tide be prepared with a spin setup with a bit of metal on it on the off chance you see them. I've also got jacks and estuary cod around the snags on the the dead low with soft plastics.
Enjoy the place mate it is a great spot even if you don't catch anything
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Have caught barra just inside the creek around the rocks on livies & used to get heaps of salmon netting :shock: the beach before the first creek,plenty of pigs that way also & horses :chef2:
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Hi DaveyD, keep a good eye out for crocs as well.......
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
Muddies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Muddies »

I was down at two fella crek last weekend and come accross this! Hes a big boy!
DSC01396.JPG
sent a chill down my spine stright away! :fishing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yeezuz! He likes walking too ...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Didnt end up going guys bottle got the better of me and a throat infection might go in a couple weeks

ARTE ET MARTE