FFF Build up Bash

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Re: FFF Build up Bash

Post by Dingo »

Not to sure, Pony was going to ring me tonight. I am free all day, but I am prob thinking in the arvo some time.

timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

I won't get out there until about 6pm....hope the weather holds up. I haven't been out there before, what's the road like? Good signage on the way out? Geez I am so looking forward to getting out on the water. I haven't been out for ages.
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

The turn off to Keswick is 50 odd Kms from from the Stuart Hwy along the Mandorah Rd, it is signed I think it says Old Bynoe Rd or something like that.
Down that road about 10 Km? and you will see a sign that says Boat Ramp pointing to the right there are a few tracks once you head right but they all lead to the boat ramp area.
Not sure about the road condition, but hey, no rush no problem.
If anyone has room on the way there its a good idea to grab a few sticks for the fire as wood is pretty scarce around they camp area.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi guys,

Would have loved to be part of the crew, but really can't do it this time...
Hopefully next time.

And I can't wait to read the report and see the photos!

Good luck and have fun!
Pecheur
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dingo »

I will be heading out Sat morning now. I will leave the radio on Ch 72

I will be in a grey GS
rammers

Post by rammers »

have fun guys, would of been there for sure, had i not forgot bout SWB buisness presentation night....Im sure wel get a prize for the wooden spoon!!

Im thinking of a salt water Finniss capming trip october on neap tides, will pick a date and put up a post!

tight lines fisho's!!
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dingo »

Got back home at a good hour 12:30 today, had a shower and just got up after a snooze, time now to go and clean the rig. Had a ripper night at Keswick Point last night with many beers with some great people. Muntzy turned up with a few mates from WA. Corrigin Home of the Famous Tractor Pull, Ponyplay jumped in with me, Billster turned up solo after his mate pulled the pin, so good on him, and then TimWicks turned up with his mate about 6pm. Stayed for a few beers and then went out for a night fish.

We thought we would go to Keswick as it would be quiet. Well we were greeted on Sat by a big party set equiped with a bus, genie and even a jukebox. It was looking a bit gloomy. But in the end we had all had a skin fall,and both parties kicked on to early hours of the morning and had a great one. Muntzys mate even ended up drowning a few cans with all the crossdressers himself.

The fishing was ordinary for all parties on Sat, noty sure how everyone went Sunday or Tim Wicks sat night though. Me and pony fished the flats, snags and rockbars on Sat for a about 1/2 dozen fish, and a nice jack, but nothing exciting. Muntzy's team got a few cod, barracuda and got bricked by some Jewies on the Crab claw Reef, and Billster got out in the arvo and set up some crab pots.

Me and Pony decided to give Bynoe the flick Sun morning and went and hit the Finniss Fresh hoping for a barra and a few sooties. put in about 8am, and flicked around til 10:30 for doughnuts. tried trolling til 11:00 and Pony picked up a 66cm barra, so that was good. Suprisingly there was 11 trailers at the ramp, we were only expecting a couple. There was a trailer with a FFF sticker on it as well, who was it, how did you go. Both of us were keen to be home about lunchtime for a lazy arvo, and I was back home by 12:30.

Look forward to see how the others went on Sunday.

Overall a bl..dy ripper weekend, Needs to be more of it on FFF i reckon, otherwise it is more like a chat room for internet nerds. Good to meet some more people and have a few beers with. I dont know how Muntzyz boys pulled up this morning, they said they were all right, but they did put a hole in his Spirit collection. I know I had felt better at 6:30 in the morning, baut all worth it.

I will chuck up a date for Channel Point trip in November, as the boys out there were keen for that one.

Dingo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Yep as above great weekend and nice to meet you guys i had not before, as dingo has stated its good to catch up with guys in person instead of online.

Hers a couple more pics, fishing was not great but a enjoyable weekend all the same.

Looks like we got lost in NSW at mallacuta with dingo snareing this nice flattie :o

Cheers for organiseng it and letting us in the impressive rig dingo :mrgreen:
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi Guys,

that looks like a great weekend!
And yes I agree it is good that some FFFers meet sometimes, so it is not just a forum for computer nerds.
And also because this is how I learned most of the very few things that I know know about fishing up here.

Would have loved to be of the party.
Maybe another time.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Had a great trip too!!!
Belted out to Middle Reef this morning to troll round for a mack first thing but no luck so tried a few spots on the way back for a few stripies and sharks, wind picked up round 11 so we headed in shortly after and packed up and had the boat and gear all cleaned by 3pm.
Great to have a few sherbets and talk fishing and footy and other cr.p with a good bunch of blokes. :drinking1:
Nice Barra Pony and Dingo you forgot to mention the fireworks display that was put on for us :mrgreen:
Definitely gotta do it more often.
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

How'd the big Pony go whilst the saints were on,any tantrums in the first half?
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

he was very well behaved :D
could be a different story this sat, making up a pinyada voddo doll of malthouse the dog. no point in destroying my own stuff on sat if my temper starts to boil :angel:
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

ponyplay wrote:he was very well behaved :D
could be a different story this sat, making up a pinyada voddo doll of malthouse the dog. no point in destroying my own stuff on sat if my temper starts to boil :angel:

Yep,I'll be getting some armour for myself,this will be war,not only on the ground,but in the stands.

Either going to be another sickening chapter in our lives,or the most euphoric moment we'll witness
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Have to agree with all the comments above a crackin good time with a good bunch of blokes.

Plenty of beers downed and stories passed around, good result for Pony with the Saints winning, nothing like listening to the footy on radio out under the stars, even if we had to have it turned up because the neighbors genie.

Saturday arvo I dropped my crabs pots in the water directly across from the boat ramp on Indian Island about 2 and then motored around the other side of Indian with the idea of flicking the flats at the mouth of Phoenix Inlet, I had to reconsider that idea when I rounded the headland and was hit in the face by 20 Knot wind and what seemed like half a meter of wind chop. So I worked my way back towards the top of Indian throwing lures on the flats around any inlets I could find, saw a few rats swimming around but only managed to spook them when I threw anything in there direction.
Checked the pots on the way back to the ramp managed 1 crab, at least I wasn't completely empty handed but close as my only crab only had 1 claw.

Back to the ramp, boat out and meet Dingo and Ponyplay up in the camp grounds and set them straight that it wasn't me in the other camp with the skirt on and as said before by all knock back a few cold ones with them and Muntzy and his mates when they got off the water and Tim Wicks before he headed out over night.

I don't mind saying it was good to get on the water Sunday morning and let the breeze blow the cobwebs from my head.
I checked the pots and ended up with 3 crabs in the boat had 1 big buck that was empty and went back and half a dozen small Jennies as well.
With my plan from Saturday still in mind I motored around to the Phoenix flats, threw lures and rubbers for an hour until I ran out of water for zip.
Thinking it was time to try something different I pulled out the Fish Finder and decided to head to the rock bar in the creek of Mackenzie Arm, flicked lures at it for 20 minutes, trolled up and back along it half a dozen times for naught.
With this all being new water for me I slowly moved upstream flicking lures at any leaf, snag or log that looked like it would provide some cover for a barra. Managed to pick up a couple of rats around 45cm before I finally got one that went 56cm.
Over the next hour or so I working along the creek I ended up with the 56, a Threddy and Jack, and threw back 4 rats and a couple of pint sized Goldies.
So with a feed in the esky at about 11:30 I headed off to pull the pots and make for home, a great idea but I needed another half hour of water to get to the pots in the shallows, just enough time to clean the fish and pack up the gear in the boat, pulled the pots for no keepers just anather 6 or 8 small Jennies.

Back home and cleaned up by 5ish after a great weekend.

As everyone else has said should be more of it.
As we discussed on the weekend these trips are never going to suit everyone at the same time but if we organize more of them then there is a chance they will suit everyone at sometime.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

Sounds like a great weekend
Was going to get there for sat arv myself but got talked into going out for a fish friday night
The social secretary would never allow a 2 night pass so i am enjoying the report

Pony you sure sound like my father inlaw when it comes to the saints ....... he sure has some pent up frustrations

cheers for the report fellas
When I grow up I can't wait to be a grown up...........