camping and fishing WA

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
oilman
Silver Member
Silver Member

camping and fishing WA

Post by oilman »

Planning a fishing and camping holiday with the family to 9 mile beach WA sometime next year, any tips appreciated.. How does Rego work! taking an unregistered boat from Darwin, Oilman

ballo
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: camping and fishing WA

Post by nomad »

It can be a nightmare. All states have reciprocal agreements with each other that you can take your registered boat to their state from another .
The problem starts when we don’t have rego.
Try to do your homework BEFORE you head off and see if you can get it done now
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Keen also for a trip to WA sometime.
My question is if i have to rego my boat in WA for a month trip I will still have to pay stampduty on the boat annd trailer??
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

A mate took his to Qld last year on 3 month working holiday,,came back with a big ugly rego # on the side ,,water cops made him register because he was working there,,or a couple hundred bucks every time they caught him on the water.Yet he didn,t have to change licence or car rego
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Better off checking directly with the state authority but stamp duty is only for the trailer.
You wont have to change rego on the trailer unless its not registered here - in that case GET OFF THE ROAD
The boat regos are usually cheap

Ive had 2 different replies from Qld re if i had to register or not. Check it yourself and then you cant blame us :lol:
tugger1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tugger1 »

went to kimberley last year, rang up T & W Broome & was told didn't have to register boat if it was only for a holiday, just had to have correct safety gear.
wa you need a recreational skippers ticket, although a boat licence from another state would do, I have still a valid qld licence even though haven't lived there since 1989. I have a master 4 as well so was told no problem for a holiday.
you also need a recreational fishing licence, available on line cost less than $40 valid 1 year
process to register a boat was a root anyhow