a few creeks....somewhere

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

a few creeks....somewhere

Post by itsinmeblood »

righto been sitting on this for a while till the pics and story came out in the latest issue of North Australian Fishing and Outdoors mag
A few mates and I do a trip to a station every year in october...this year is no different :cool: I'll be looking for a co pilot this year it's a 2 week trip 7th-23rd October goes without saying the fishing is outstanding

some of the shiniest barra you'll ever see...nothing but clean sandy creeks
plenty of variety as well jacks and goldies casting or trolling or landbased it all works a treat
We take a few toys and with about 10 days fishing time there's plenty of options to explore some relatively untouched ground
...this years trip in particular I've been poking around on google earth and found some billabongs not far from the coast that'll be worth a fish managed to get to the last rockbar on one creek and walked over to some freshwater holes pulled a few swampy barra and sooties from there bit dodgy sometimes going where few people go this wide open deep creek turns into a shallow rock strewn mess around the next bend upstream...plenty of jacks on the rocks though :fishing:
there's the usual hijinks when a bunch of fishermen get together
the best fishing is early morning until the wind picks up around lunchtime then it's time to reset the pots have a few beers and enjoy the cooler part of the day :mrgreen:
there's a full rundown of the trip in the magazine I'm looking for 1 bloke for the trip send me a pm if you'd like to have a chat

fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: a few creeks....somewhere

Post by Quinntreximon »

What dreams are made of. Beautiful scenery and silver fish.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Next year mate, next year....
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

man up seano...come this year...you know you want to :naughty: