Show us your Bow.

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Sconik
Seadog
Seadog

Show us your Bow.

Post by Sconik »

So what's everyone shooting these days? Here's my rig . . . . .

Bowtech Guardian 70lb
RipCord drop rest
G5 XR sights
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fishmad1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fishmad1 »

Thats a nice bow mate :mrgreen: bl..dy quick :grin:

Mines a Martin Saber Magnum

70lb
Viper Predator H1000 sight
Dead shot whisker biscuit

Cheers :mrgreen:

FM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

these are two of my bows a custom huntsman recurve 74#@28" made entirely of australian woods 8-) burdikin plum riser and wedges with vic ash limbs. the second is my old martin hatfield which I've had for 14yrs 70#@28" and still blows arra's through pigs and other ferals :naughty: I also have a custom black widow recurve 65#@28 which is a nice bow also only shoot trad these days and just started building some nice timber shafts to use next year :mrgreen:
Sconik
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sconik »

:shock: :shock: Geez Bear . . . . that last fella is an absolute hippo (not the pygmy variety)!!! Made that much more impressive given that he was taken with a recurve. :bow: :applause:

What broadheads are you runnin'?

Scotty
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

using 190gr tusker concords, steel broadhead adaptors, brass inserts, gold tip big game 100 arra's with 5" feathers for a total arra weight of 800 grains :mrgreen: will be using ribtec 190grainer on the woods I am going to make should be a good combo I think and a shitload cheaper :mrgreen:
Sconik
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sconik »

Wow . . . that's some serious hitting power Bear.

My porker arrows only come in at 480grain, but haven't had any probs with penetration yet. Generally pass throughs. Have recently switched to Tanto tipped Outback Supreme single bevels 125g but haven't had the chance to try 'em out yet. Would certainly need to beef it up somewhat for Buff and Scrubbies though.

Scotty
Timmo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Show us your Bow.

Post by Timmo »

first pic me boy with his bow and second is my bow BOW TECH OLD GLORY, havent been hunting down here since i have been here due to no property with any thing worth arrowing but got next year to scope out and get some horns if the property owner lets me on.......
TIMMO
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Got an old Darton Wrangler at 72lb
Does the job for me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
googz
Seadog
Seadog

Post by googz »

This is my Bow.
jtf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jtf »

Hahaha... :rofl:

I shoot a Mathews Monster 6. use 125 gr muzzy three blade broadhead and FOB's.
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Googs the post is bow not bow wow
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Here's mine...a 70lb Bowtech Tribute.
Have not had it out for some time regretably :cry:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Here's mine
bow.jpg
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
makntracks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by makntracks »

mathews DXT
70#
Just got back from being away for a year and opened up my case to find bits of one of my limbs every where im guesing it got pretty hot in there. :evil:

pics from before its destruction. will have new linbs on soon and be keen to get out for a shoot if any one is keen. :D

Cheers
Mick
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

here's my new set up

Bear carnage 70lb, 29in draw

trophy ridge whisker biscuit, micro cypher 5, quiver, all the bells and whistles.
got it sitting in a plano all weather bow case which is freaking indestructible, great cases
big thanks to tim at predator archery
haven't settled on arrows yet, but i'm very keen on the carbon express piledrivers
any thoughts?

cheers
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)