Looking for a bow

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Looking for a bow

Post by Davey D »

Gday guys, just wondering if anyone is selling a compound bow? just a cheap second hander? pm if you know anything

The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Looking for a bow

Post by fishfanatic »

A 2008 Bowtech Tribute, 33" axle to axle length, 80 lb draw, well set up for hunting. Has scored a number of pigs up here. Have Truglow sights, arrow guide (cant remember brand), counter weight and mechanical release included in the package. Bow was originally bought from Canberra archery shop new for $1350. Selling for $700 ono with all the accessories. Will include about 10-15 arrows as well most with broadheads, some with target tips.
Bow is in very good to excellent condition and I really like this bow but since I stuffed up my knee some five years ago I am not as mobile as you need to be when bowhunting pigs. PM me if you would like to test fire it....

ps it's a left hander (i.e. hold the bow with left hand, release arrow with right).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Sorry mate but looking for something a bit smaller poundage and price nice bow but
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

That would be the bows maximum poundage
Most bows can be backed down

The most important thing you should be looking for is draw length
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Take a trip down to Top End Bowhunters on Bowhunters road Coolalinga on a Sunday mornin and introduce yourself to them
You will find them very helpful and probably find a bow at the right price that suits you
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Keighto
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Keighto »

hey fishfanatic whats the draw length on that bow?
There is no applied science but only the application of scientific knowledge, thinking and technique to practical problems - Louis Pasteur
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Keighto wrote:hey fishfanatic whats the draw length on that bow?
Keighto if I remember correctly 28 or 29".
Unknown

John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Keighto
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Keighto »

fishfanatic wrote:
Keighto wrote:hey fishfanatic whats the draw length on that bow?
Keighto if I remember correctly 28 or 29".
Thanks fishfanatic, I'm looking for a bowtech bow like this however I have a 31" draw
There is no applied science but only the application of scientific knowledge, thinking and technique to practical problems - Louis Pasteur
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Bow is definitely 29" draw....
Unknown

John F. Kennedy

Adlai E. Stevenson

Forster, Edward

George Orwell

by Anonymous

Return to “Hunter”