Trail craft 510 pro fish

A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Trail craft 510 pro fish

Post by A_Nomad »

Any reviews on the above, looking at purchasing a 2006 model with a 90 Suzuki on the back, any one have any experience with these.

Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Trail craft 510 pro fish

Post by balou »

Brad the boss at work has had one for the last 10 years but with 90 etec. he is very rough on his gear and bashed it around a bit and it hasn't cracked . He doesn't really take it out on the blue much unless it's calm as it very wet. Great estuary boat, very solid .

Coming back into the mouth of the south last year my Formosa didn't even get a bit of spray but they were drowned in the trailcraft . It was that bad that his wife signed off for him to buy a Formosa on that trip.
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Thanks tran, good piece of info mate, I might start looking at other options, old mate has this boat for 26k, and looks in good nic, but if it's a wet boat, I might think about it
Cheers,
Brad
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

I have fished heaps in them and they are the same wetness as most tinnys and better than a GS in wetness - very solid and safe with sealed deck - a little heavy on fuel but super solid

Great blue water boat

Jon
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tubbs »

I have had 2 trailcrafts now. a 475 cross sport and a 610 centre cab.
I had the 475 from new in 2005, very solid and did everything we wanted from pulling cray pots in WA to snapper fishing in SA and the creeks and offshore up here.
we took a wave completely over the top of the boat in Whyalla once in the 475, just opened the scuppers and kept going. I rate them highly and have several mates that have sold other brands to buy a trailcraft.
I agree with Jon, not much different in wetness to most other tinnys.
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

having said that ... trail crafts are very good and a lot better than most out there but my next boat will be a Formosa
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

but you wont get a tomahawk (their sealed deck model) for that money
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

but you wont get a tomahawk (their sealed deck model) for that money
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

I looked at the trailcrafts, but the downside for me was there was no underfloor storage, apart from one large kill tank.

I settled on a Seajay Haven Sports, with a ton of underfloor storage and couldn't be happierr.

All boats take some spray in the chop, depending on what angle your travelling at, even formosas I dare say

cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UncleD »

Trailcraft is as dry as...I have a 540. Any tinny will get water blowing in with the right wind and swell. Solid, high sides, very stable...5mm bottom...4mm sides...who else does that!

I have a 90 4 stroke on the 540...90 on a 510 will be sweet.
My Giddy Aunt!
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Hey Brad, 26k sounds expensive for an 2006 model mate unless it has afew accessory. On the wetness thing just take it for spin and check it out for yourself. Wet doesn't mean it's a bad boat mate.

Agree with other comments that all open boat can get wet based on angle of travel to the wind. Some boat are just wetter then others and yes my Formosa does get wet from time to time. :D :D
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Thanks for the reviews boys, my current boat gets a bit wet so that wasn't a real factor, been looking at boat sales in queensland, wow, sure do get a bit more for ya buck over there.
Cheers,
Brad
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Since you are looking in QLD, don't rule out TABS boats. I have a 5.1m TABS Territory Pro, plate and handles the rough sweetly. Can't beat the swiiiiish of plate hulls as they cut through the chop n swirl. :mrgreen:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...