Origin boats.. Deadrise question

jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Origin boats.. Deadrise question

Post by jdog »

Gday everyone im currently on the market for a new boat as i pulled the pin on the formosa! Ive stumbled across origin boats and spoken to the owner col whos been real helpfull. The particular model im looking at is the 4.95 4x4 which has a 14degree deadrise Ive only owned the one boat which was a tabs territory pro around the same length but had a 16 degree deadrise. Has anyone here been in one the 4x4's how do they ride im really looking for an allrounder is the 14 enough to still do a bit of blue or is it more for rivers and dams? Cheers

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Origin boats.. Deadrise question

Post by balou »

Hey jdog what happen with the Formosa? I thought you were super keen on them and the order had been placed for one.
macca3441
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by macca3441 »

Hey mate,

I've not long had my Origin 4950 4x4 and so far it's been excellent!
I mainly fish the creeks and rivers, but am looking forward to venturing outside from time to time now.
I ran across an open bay a few weeks ago heading north while it was blowing easterly around 25-30 knots. Fairly ordinary!
The boat just ate it up! I was rapt!
Anyway, feel free to pm me if you want to know more!

Thanks,

Wade
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Balou yea I was keen and put a deposit down but after a few more trips in my mates I decided it wasn't for me. They are a great rig tho. And macca I'd be real keen to have a look at yours. Is urs the one with the hard top?
macca3441
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by macca3441 »

Nah mate. Side console, no top.
I'm on the east coast in Mackay.

Wade
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Oh lol bit far from Darwin. Yea there's not many up here so it's abit hard to look at one. So overall your happy with it? What outboard u running? It would be awesome if u could post a few pics for me.
macca3441
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by macca3441 »

Yeah, bit far!! lol
I'm very happy with it. Will change a couple of things in near future.....larger bait tank, and different rod holders. All in all, very happy!
I went with a 90 Suzi. Impressive motor!
Will take a few pics next weekend and post them for you, or can email you if you want.

Wade
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Sounds good mate that would be helpful. How does it perform with the suzi? Pretty quik? Cheers
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

I have the bigger brother to the 4x4 called the Axis in a 5mtr version........Mines the 16deg hull 5mm thick........There would be nothing wrong with the 14deg deadrise 4x4 I would think they are more of a open bay big river type design......The boats are built well second to none quality wise.

I considered selling mine and having the 46 04x4 built for barra and getting the 6.5 version of mine built for the bluewater..........just need to win tattslotto.

Col at Origin is great to deal with and will be the bloke that builds my next rig without doubt.
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Yea the axis is awesome im looking at a 5m aswell but its prob more than i can afford. I know the boats are quality i just wasnt sure about the deadrise i was told the less rise the harder they slap. Is it fair to say ur happy with the axis any regrets? Cheers
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Origin boats are a true deadrise hull...Mate it wont slap or they would change the design,Col has made boats for 30 years.....Google Fisher boats you will see that they have made some of the very best plate alloy boats in Australia.

Very happy with the Axis.......driest softest riding 5mtr alloy boat I've been in.......130mm reverse chine makes for a very dry ride.
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Thanks for the input mate i guess i wont know until i get in one but from everything ive heard origin are the bees knees!
juddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by juddy »

Yeah I'm all for origin boats as well, as basstad knows I have the 5m axis as well, sensational built boats,
Col is awesome to work with, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the boat, high quality plate boats, second to none.
If ya keen to have a look at the quality , pm me. Cheers
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Hey fellas so..... I went with origin boats and payed my 1000$ jump in line fee. Problem is i payed it in november last year. I have contacted them a few times since and get the same responce " yea mate another couple weeks ". Its been 6 months and they havnt started. I know a few of you have delt with them is this normal or are they a little unorganised? Col seems a good bloke there boats look sik and i recon its worth the wait but theres tuna busting up and im itching for a fish. Is owning an origin plate boat worth the wait or should i consider local custom plate boat builders?
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

If say nt unique, custom works or xm could build a similar package at same price i would seriously concider it.