Oceanmaster boat how do you rate them

Shaga
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Oceanmaster boat how do you rate them

Post by Shaga »

good call yum, yep i am also interested were the second hand ocean masters end up.

from what ive heard all is good and practical about them in the top end areas of australia, sounds like they cover alot of broad types of fishing in those areas.

definate market for them if they drop there price and made an effort to advertise more like the other common named boats....

NothinSuss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by NothinSuss »

Ive got a 6m oceancylinder built by Yamba in NSW, you wont find a better Ali hull, awesome ride, dry, and yamba will put a four banger on it if thats what you want. Be prepared to shell out the hard earned.

Ocean cylinder, ocean master, stabi all awesome hulls.

Dont expect big fuel economy, mine does about 1.3- 1.4kms per liter, and you'll need a heap of horsepower on it, they are power hungry hulls.

Yes they are heavy so trailers and tow vehicle need to be up to scratch.
perp
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by perp »

got a 511 om and it goes anywhere. floats in30 cm and tough as
heavy for its size and I run a 135 4 stroke which cruises on 50 kmh quite economically
bit wet in the big chop but feels very safe in all conditions
Yummygarfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yummygarfish »

I ended up getting a 451 om. As others have said, heavy for its size. As perp said is a bit wet on the chop - fast on medium chop will soak me.

Sides are a bit low, which concerned my wife when taking the kids out, but with the positive floatation and great stability I would not want to be on any other boat in the 4.5 metre range.

I was considering a Stabi, but just too skinny in the smaller sizes.
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

Yummygarfish wrote:I am curious to know what happened to the water police oceanmasters? If someone could please inform.
They couldnt stop em leaking, pin holes everywhere and cracking, and mate i know was asked if he could fix em and he said NO
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Yeah Think they were getting pin holes in the pontoons
Seen quite a few with bungs in the pontoons to drain them.
In thier defence though wouldn't be the first time a Govt Bludger, Copper, NLC commitee person, politician or AFANT loser have had no concern on trashing a tax payer fuded asset would it.
Wally you must be mates with Big Ray............ If he couldn't fix it it must have been bad.
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

ghound wrote:Yeah Think they were getting pin holes in the pontoons
Seen quite a few with bungs in the pontoons to drain them.
In thier defence though wouldn't be the first time a Govt Bludger, Copper, NLC commitee person, politician or AFANT loser have had no concern on trashing a tax payer fuded asset would it.
Wally you must be mates with Big Ray............ If he couldn't fix it it must have been bad.
Yeah on the money ghound :)
Yummygarfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yummygarfish »

Thanks Wally for the info, i will pay closer attention to my hull.
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sweaty »

There good solid boats but do have many issues, had one in a remote place I worked was a 741 with twin 140hp and was great on the water..

Most of the issues are under the deck and you don't know to its to late, drainage was a huge issue, and you can only imagine what salt water in a hull for a long period of time with a number of different metal shavings is going to do to the insides..
Walkabout
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Walkabout »

11 years same Ocean Cylinder ghost rode it one night into a rock wall and still going strong. Its about to get its 3rd new motor done well over 6000 engine hours could not imagine how many hours in the water and the most testing part sitting on a trailer on dirt roads.....still going strong and no pin holes or cracks!

Funny thing is I paid $26K when i bought it and I could sell it now for more........better than my TOYOTA!
ratchet
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ratchet »

fff1964 wrote:Hard to find info on these......must be another territory secret......what sizes as as far as ican see theydon't make to may models.

Thanks
I'm also trying to find out information on these boats - not much out there.
In particular the smaller 451 riptide running tiller steer setup
any one own one can share ?
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

http://www.territorypowersportsgroup.co ... ter-darwin
This would be the best place to start. Don't come up 2nd hand too often, especially the smaller ones.

Heard they will sell them with out an etec on then now which is a massive plus.
Looked into them a lot but ended with up with a stabi (only cozone came up 2nd hand at a good price)
Read an add somewhere that 3/4 of the houses at channel point has these in their sheds haha.
ratchet
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ratchet »

Thanks for the quick reply Mick
I actually have a smaller Stabicraft 389 Dinghy at the moment (see latest pick of your rig I put up today)
The little 389 Stabi punches a fair bit over its weight for its size, and is actually fairly dry as well
I'm not sure how much better the OM riptide 451 would be
I've always liked the Oceanmaster boats; great layouts and also being pontoon based provide that extra level of security/safety
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

There's a few 2nd hand 1850 stabicraft crafts for sale at the moment, may be a bit bigger than what you are after, but big enough for blue small enough for Barra,
That what I have, well mine is a 559, older modle.
justlearning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by justlearning »

While we are on the stabictaft
Subject. Has Any body had a go
in the new 2050 at in and out marine