Looking for new boat

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Looking for new boat

Post by fff1964 »

Yeah Scottie it was a metal boat as i recall ha ha ha.

OK virtually unsinkable. :)

madseb
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by madseb »

Check out origin boats axis series start to see a few around nearly bought one 5m with a 140 suzuki very nice setup and custom build
jep
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jep »

What should you pay on average for a good custom 4.5m tiller steer plate ally boat? Hull only.
samuel_86

Post by samuel_86 »

TABS! 5000-5300-5600 Territory Pro all with different console options.

Highly rate the Tabs especially come from a glass bass boat back to a ally plate.
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Water conditions.
Boat Hulls are built for specific water types. Trailcraft are built for a following ocean as that is the predominant ocean in WA, were they are built. They are not built to punch through choppy water. Most Plate Ali boats are not built to punch through choppy water as the deadrise wont allow it. NZ boats are built to punch through the chop so look at Stabi/Surtees etc. Barcrusher are a Surtees hull, just built in Australia.
My Noble is built to punch through the chop and it does what it is designed to do very well. It has a sharp deadrise but accordingly is not as wide as other 5.3m boats. Do I care? No, I need the sharp deadrise for the water here and at 6'4" I can still sleep across the floor if I need to, so it still has plenty of room. Like all boats water will come over the side depending on the ocean at the time. if you run across the swell/chop water will come over as it is deflected and pushed over the gunnels into the hull. You don't put clears on a Runabout for looks, it's to keep water spray from the bow out. Simple as that!
So best advice is to work out your style of fishing and the common water type and the shop for a hull that suits but you will have to compromise on something.
For me its a Plate side console as I lure fish and it provides the best access especially for camping in the boat and there are plenty of things to bump in the Kimberley.
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
Crabjackbarra

Post by Crabjackbarra »

I'm looking to buy a ocean pearl 5.2 built in WA ring me cheers
Adrian