Garmin Gmi 10

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Garmin Gmi 10

Post by balou »

After 3.5 years my GMI 10 instrustment gauge for my Suzuki 175 died. I'm in the process of replacing her but undecided between the new model gmi 20 or the new Suzuki gauge.

One of the feature I love in my Gmi was the fuel meter which the Suzuki doesn't have I belive.

What putting me off about the Garmin product is that it only lasted 3.5 years with minimal use.

Anyone using the Suzuki gauge ?

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Garmin Gmi 10

Post by balou »

Hopefully these photo gets some feedback
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

What actually happened to the GMI10 Mate?.........I'm looking for one myself I've had them before with no issues
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Basstad wrote:What actually happened to the GMI10 Mate?.........I'm looking for one myself I've had them before with no issues
Not sure just would not power up, fused all good. Tried the soft and hard rebooting.

Even got George from nt unique to check it out but its dead.

Just a bit over 3 yeArs and 650 to replace
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I thnk the new suzuki gauge is just the new lowrance gauge rebadged. You could just buy one yourself from overseas, browns point marine in the states has them at a fair price. You could even buy the old lowrance gauge if you want to save more dough.

The lowrance gauges definitely do fuel flow, and you dont need the additional warning light bar as they are on the gauge.