Dealer complaints

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dealer complaints

Post by Matt Flynn »

Posting complaints about dealers

Please stick to the facts about your case.

Personal attacks, or posts that allege a dealer or person is dishonest or incompetent will be deleted, unless the claims can be easily proven.

GoodLookinPete
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dealer complaints

Post by GoodLookinPete »

Party pooper :rofl:
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

i have it from good sources that camfish did it no ifs or buts
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

Is ringing a certain dealer 4 times in the last two days to have them tell me they will have some one return my call with an answer enough of a reason to have a winge, I surprised they get any business
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

I love my dealer
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

dirtyruiz wrote:I love my dealer

I think he's talking about "boat" dealers............ya nong :smoking:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

yeah fair enough Matt
I thought that you were following the thread along and as i didnt say anything defamatory, it was ok.
everything that i have posted can be backed by facts
Mad Mudcrab
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mad Mudcrab »

I said something last year that can be backed by facts but it was just deleted.
Fair enough, I'm not trying to change the world!
Just thought members should know that there appears to be a certain level of censorship. Just because it isn't written doesn't mean every thing is sweet with all the dealers in Carpet Land.
Gbanger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Gbanger »

Its a Fishing forum to talk about fish ..... bait... boats ..cr.p boat dealers ..good boat dealers and fishing talk ......should be no censorship ..........
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

If you are going to provide a few thousand dollars in a legal fee war chest trust fund then I am all for "no censorship" Gbanger :mrgreen:

Mad Mudcrab - "backed by facts" is a tough one, in a court backing your facts is not as simple as it sounds, often your word against their's ... plus I don't have time check each post that sledges a business to ensure it is factual.

If someone has a gripe against a dealer's service, put up a post leaving out the business name but explaining the nature of the problem you had, and people can ask by PM if they want to know more, this minimises legal issues, and you still get to have a say.

Also keep in mind, if you do get exceptional service, it doesn't hurt to post that up occasionally, people are quick to criticise but slow to praise.
mrdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mrdog »

I would have to agree with you on that Mat about if you do get good service you should post it I had a small problem with my motor rang them up and the next day it was in to get fixed and they didn't even charge me so if that not service I don't no what is it only take someone to misunderstand what someone's says and it starts we have to remember that up here there is only a handful off dealers and sometimes we need them to fix our motors as most motors have computer and only dealers have the software so if you bag them out there service may no be as good or as cheap something to think about maybe
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UncleD »

Bought my Trailcraft Profish with Honda 90 through BHM in 2008....now have some 700 hours on it with many miles of cr.p dirt roads. Always have had any work done by BHM without complaint. I feel like I have a relationship with them and when I've been desperate ("I need this fixed by this weekend"), they have done their best to accommodate. I don't expect any work on a boat to be cheap, but it's not outrageous either. I don't expect them to be able to cater to my needs on the spot every time and so am patient....but when I really need it...they've stepped up. No complaints and no reason to shift my business.
My Giddy Aunt!
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I agree UncleD
I have had some quick helpful service from BHM and I've posted that here.
I've also had some less than ideal service from them and I post that here as well.
I have a problem with the prices charged by Darwin business in general - but you get that.

While ever I get good service ill return
disco
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by disco »

I dunno about dealers but Michael from Promotor Trailers has already been real good with me for my boat trailer.

Had some issues when I first bought it and chassis had to be rebuilt, his quote was the cheapest & then I added some stuff to it which he charged stuff all for.

One Thursday night I noticed my winch had broken and he managed to get it sorted for me on Friday so I could fish Saturday. It wasn't ready until 5.30pm so I know they were working on it past 5pm on a friday, gotta appreciate that!
www.tidesandtrails.com
My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations
Instagram: tidesandtrails
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

X2 for Promoter, I don't take my trailers anywhere else. Every job they have done for me has been for a good price too.