Buying a boat interstate maybe. Any ideas on the shipping?

palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Buying a boat interstate maybe. Any ideas on the shipp

Post by palaran »

yeh well a certain shop that sells the only two boat models I was looking at never returned my numerous emails........
figured business was so good they didn't need my business......
they missed a heap of cash.......
saved a heap of cash on the quotes out of Perth also so seems like QLD is the place to buy......

LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

What boats were you looking at?
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Noble or Bar crusher
went the Noble 5.1 side console with a 115 susuki 4 stroke
and no it wasn't your shop looking at your profile
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

thats good other wise I would have to kick my arse or my salesmans arse for ignoring you.

should be a rocket ship with the 115 on it, nice choice
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Pity the Yellowfin doesn't have a smaller range of boats as they look solid and get good reviews.
The sale price you had on the 5.7 centre console was very good but to big for me sorry.
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
ken_gilchrist
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ken_gilchrist »

[quote="Abu Yabba Doo"] DO NOT USE Southern Cross Boat Transport , I went through 3 months of hell with them.

[quote]
I wish I had read this psot two months ago. I can totaly agree, DO NOT USE SOUTHERN CROSS BOAT TRANSPORT!!!. I am still waiting for my boat that was meant to be here over a month ago. It is apparently in Renner Springs because the truck broke down, funny that they used the same excuse when they were meant to pick the boat up the first time in QLD. Then the driver goes to Agnes Waters and doesn't have the address or phone number for the pick up, so instead of calling the office he just drives off. Then I get stung with an additional cost of a flat bed because their truck can't pick up the boat from Agnes Waters.
My boat finaly gets on the road and the truck breaks down and hasn't moved in over a week.
And do you think that I can get any updates out of the company?? Hell no!! It is much easier to not answer your phone and reply to emails from your clients, and when you do get through you don't realy get an answer on what is going on anyway, you just get told to relax and don't stress. Talk about frustrating.
They were the cheapest quote but it explains why now, my advise is spend the extra bit and get it here with a decent transporter. I did look into flying down and towing it back myself, but with all hire car companys that have commercials for hire you must return them to the same depot, so it sort of defeated the purpose.
Any way my TCW.

Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Abu Yabba Doo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Abu Yabba Doo »

Hey Ken

Yes SCBT are a bunch of Muppets , I was even told they were in receviership and my boat had been frozen by the receivers, Then it was the truck broke down , Then the owners were going through a divorce and to be considerate , Then it was the boats they had for the load had fallen through and on & on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Of course it was all BS :bs: ...I still twist off when I think of all the headgames they put me through :evil: :evil:

I am suprised they are still trading , It would be one mob if I had the power to close down I would :hunting:

Anyway Boat arrived in one piece and no damage!

I wish I had paid the extra few grand initially :bonk:

Damo :D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

daleywaters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by daleywaters »

Quote "I used Aquatic Boat Transporters out of Bne to get my Stacer Nomad 440 on a Sealink trailer up here about a year back.
Cost me $1700 cash. They bring the Barramundi Marine boats up apparently...at least that's what they told me!
Their transporters are good, no damage to my boat in transit. Their service when the expected arrival time in Darwin came and went was less than average.
The boat got here a week late (no big-e) but the problem was that they weren't answering the phone.....alarm bells were ringing from me as you can imagine!!! I got onto them eventually and everything turned out peachy.....and the price was right so I can't grumble." End quote.

I've just had a 5.5m plate boat boat brought up from BrisVegas by Aquatic, price was 2700 but, as said in the above quote, the arrival time came and went and about 50 calls weren't answered. Ended up a week late which would have been fine if I was kept up to date. Not answering the phone and not letting me know where the boat is sh!ts me to tears. Hey, if the truck isn't full and will be delayed a couple of days no problem, let me know and I'll wait. When the boat doesn't arrive and I can't get in contact then I start to get wound up. Also, 2 deep gouges on the top of the motor; I've logged it on the delivery receipt but - guess what? No-one's answering the phone so I can claim on their insurance. Will try another 50 times tomorrow and let you know the results.

Still, I've saved many thousands buying from down south; enough to fit out the boat with the electronics etc that I want and still be in front on the basic boat quoted price from the NT dealer. By a loooooong shot!

As said in an earlier post, business must be going so well that the locals can afford to give you "about" prices that are well in excess of elsewhere. I actually prefer to support local businesses and am happy to pay a reasonable premium but I downright refuse to have a pineapple shoved up my clacker and be expected smile at the same time.
Regards,

Dale

Carpe Jugulum!
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bottom Bashing Bloke »

if you cut down from isa to longreach, tembo then across the warrigo highway you should be there in a day and a half at the most, id be surprised if you didnt make sth west qld in the first day. it will probably cost you $1000 in fuel cause that what it cost me from melbourne to darwin via airlie beach.
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

Palaran , come and see me at BH marine ,Surtees are the same as Barcrusher and will also build what ever configuration you want also a lot cheaper with full back up service 100%
giant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by giant »

for boats out of QLD i have used DJ freight , great service and prices!

they come up here regularly too, with good boat transport trailers.
love being on the water !!
Jigrig
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jigrig »

It's not cheap so if you know someone that can do it affordably, it's worth it to give them a call. I've shipped one in roughly the same area with a company and it was in the $2000 to $3000 range if I recall correctly. I used A-1 Auto Inc. if anyone needs a rec. They're based out of the U.S. but they had no issues handling the job. I think they may have local offices, but they'll give you a cost estimate at no charge.
fridgie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by fridgie »

how to revive a post.but ill throw my two bobs worth in,peter of duncar transport bundaberg to broome $2800 from memory
Makrel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Makrel »

An old thread but a goodie.

Can anyone give updates to good transporters from Brisbane to Darwin. I am looking at an 8m cat with T top so I am not sure if that requires anything special.

I see Aquatic boat transport are still active so i will call them. but any recent experiences would be useful.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Just don't get this clown - Turbo from Outback Truckers
http://www.bigrigs.com.au/news/turbo-cr ... l/3067424/