Any Suzuki experts in here? - IAC Valve questions

AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Any Suzuki experts in here? - IAC Valve questions

Post by AM »

There is a suzuki outboard forum with some pretty smart cookies on it quite few in Australia surprisingly that are keen to assist

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Thanks AM, I read a bit last time on hull truth, I might rwad a little wider.

Might also grab another cheapy as a spare, but it would be a bitch to do out on the water...
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Jabsy I did the same as you and replaced the IAC with the after market version and ine too lasted about 1 year perhaps a little more but not by much. I have since replaced with the genuine product and I too hope to get better mileage out of it. I was told by the dealer that hey need to be "set" when installed but I am no expert.

Cheers

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

I had one go on a DF90. Turns out my model has/had a 'welsh plug' that was meant to be used to probe emissions at 1000 hours (if I remember rightly). This plug had rusted & was releasing exhaust gases into the cowling. Was a weld job to block the plug hole (Suzuki did away with them) plus a new IAC valve.
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

What year model is yours Smed. Im having the same issue intermittently and have already had the IAC replaced once under warranty.
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I'm also interested in the year, the Hullbilly boys had an issue with their Suzi down at the classic, did some reading when I came back and it sounded like a siimilar issue to your Smed. I think it was fixed on the 2006 and later blocks?