leeders creek max boat size at the ramp

unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

leeders creek max boat size at the ramp

Post by unseen1 »

hey guys.

currently have a 7m half cab, and only previously taking my 4m tinny down there, i found that tight at times.

with the tiwi's trip coming up im looking at leeders for the sake of being able to lock the boat up whilst not there...

anybody know the max boat size that can be used there?

grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Hey unseen1 you are only restricted when the arse of your boat hits the opposite side bank and you still have some of it on the trailer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 meter boat half tide come in you will p..s it in. :mrgreen:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Grumpy, you're probally right mate but give Chris a call at the base to confirm. He can tell ya exactly what stage of the tide you can get in and out.

I have seen some big buggers in the creek.
Simmo12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo12 »

unseen top 1/2 of tide should be good. Ring Chris or Denise theyll tell you.I dont know if theyre selling up but some other Bloke working with Chris last weekend. I came in with 1 crab and 3 empty pots with no bait? he tried to tell me its the crocs? the pots had no damage? I told him he was a boofhead OOps hahahahahahahhahhh
Simmo
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

grumpy wrote:Hey unseen1 you are only restricted when the arse of your boat hits the opposite side bank and you still have some of it on the trailer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

sweet as .. will head up there next weekend and sus it out with the boat .. might see if i can get a jewie out of the mouth of the adelaide.. see how we go.
Balls
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Balls »

G'day Unseen 1

Same with the other guys, I have seen some pretty big glass boats launch out of there long before the compound ever existed, its more about timing your launch & retrieval, there are also a couple of rock bars to watch if you are in the creek at low tide, one is just below the Y junction as you exit the creek from the ramp, the other one is about half way down to the other major junction leading off to the right, that rock bar comes off the left hand bank heading down stream, there is another one but unless you were really hugging the bank on low tide it shouldn't cause you or anyone any grief, can't see you hugging the bank in a 7 metre boat, used to pin a few Barra off it & a few Jacks many years ago.

I took the Bismarck out to Gunn Point Thursday night & the road was starting to go to cr.p already in the same spots as before. I'd be trying to get feed back on how quick the road is corregating, the trip before that it nearly shook the Scanoe off the roof racks, trailers cop a hammering when it gets that bad.

Simmo 12

Chris was on holidays & the other bloke was looking after it, there was a mug shot at the parking area with a big sign"this bloke is barred from using the ramp & facilities" might of been you, you might of p...ed him off calling him a Boofhead, didn't leave your undies in his compound, did ya??, cheers Balls.
SCURVY DOG
Simmo12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo12 »

cheers balls hhahah, Chris was there he launched me?????
My WASHED UNDIES were in the boat mate lolololol
Simmo
Cheers and more beers :cheers: