Tales From the Tinny boys need your help

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tales From the Tinny boys need your help

Post by Lats »

For those that haven't heard, the ABC in their infinite wisdom have decided to move the broadcast time to 5pm Friday afternoon and halve the show to 1hr. I know that the boys are p...ed about this but obviously cannot do anything about it. But we can. For those of us who are on Facebook there has been a page created called Keep the Tinny Afoat in 2017. But for those who are not on FB here is what's needed from those who love the show.

Click on the link and write a polite complaint. You will receive an automated reply but we want to flood them with complaints
http://www.abc.net.au/contact/complain.htm

Here is an extract from the FB site

Us fisho’s are pretty serious about our business, serious about our craft and our passion for everything fishing INCLUDING our Tinny Boys. They boys have been doing this show for 10 years now providing us with a great reason to get up at 5am on a Saturday morning to listen to all the latest news, where the fish are biting, weather reports for the day fresh from the Bureau (most of them we know by first names too now) and updates for all fisho’s on every level known. The boys have special guests, funny reports from fisho’s (and their even funnier nick names) and the TFTT usually get a call in the morning from someone at a boat ramp with a live report on conditions both at the ramp and on the water. This is why we listen LIVE!!!

The tinny boys provide a community service for fisho’s in the NT in SO many ways, they support the Water Police, Volunteer Coast Guard, Fisheries and most importantly – they support AFANT (Amateur Fisherman’s Association of the NT) by giving the wider community who would not normally know where to get this information so they listen to our boys on Saturday morning before they go fishing.

The Tales from Tinny show won the Mike Reed Fishing Award for Community Service at the AFANT Recreational Fishing Awards, massively voted for by hundreds – says something doesn’t it about its popularity and listening audience? WHY reduce it to an hour, what is this for and how on earth can they cram all the news in an hour? The ABC is a taxpayer owned and paid for entity who hasn’t thought nor consulted the thousands that listen to this show every Saturday morning. Thousands from not only the NT, all over the world. The recent promotion of the Tales from the Tinny measuring sticker (commonly referred to as the TFTT 120Y why why Delilah go fast red measuring sticker). These stickers are plastered all over the world from the Iceland fisho that podcast’s to the bloke who touched base from rural NSW to put a sticker on his grain mover, doesn’t this say something about how far and wide (and powerful) this audience is?

So let’s give the ABC a message of how we are not happy about this change of time, day and cut in half coverage of our beloved Tales from the Tinny broadcast. You can go to the ABC Complaints email line http://www.abc.net.au/contact/complain.htm and lodge your complaint which does get read AND is sent to the local area of the complaint.

Come on fisho’s, we did it before with “:I fish and I vote”, let’s do this now. Get the Tinny’s show back to Saturday morning for 2 hours”. Feel VERY free to share and complain. Lets save the “preferred ABC radio program in the NT”.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tales From the Tinny boys need your help

Post by Lats »

There is also going to be a protest rally in front of stokes hill wharf 1500 Australia Day. It's also been whispered that 9 News and NT News will also be covering it (not confirmed). It worked for I Fish and I Vote so who knows what can happen when we put a lot of public eyes on the ABC. I will be there.

One thing is for sure, if they change the show it will suffer a slow death. It thrives on people calling in with fishing stories and lets face it, who has time to do that on a Friday arvo? And making the show 1hr will not allow any time for fishing reports and funny stories. Once you take out the news, weather, tides and ads most of the hour will be gone. And who will listen to a program with no real content?
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

I have put an electronic complaint to the ABC today.
If you like the show, you should do it to, before they totally kill it.

Stand behind the boys!
:)

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Pecheur wrote:Hi there,

I have put an electronic complaint to the ABC today.
If you like the show, you should do it to, before they totally kill it.

Stand behind the boys!
:)

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Top shelf Regis 8)
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I've emailed the ABC
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Great stuff, this floating rally and emailing the ABC is what they desperately need to save the show.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Done.
Good luck men

:cheers:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

sent my email off ages ago. i hope the ABC really listens.
im sure the big rooster tail off stokes hill will get the message across to the bean counters
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Today I received a reply to my email to ABC in regards of Tales From The Tinny change of time slot.
I think that they missed the point.
And that it will be very hard to make them come back on their decision...
Here is the reply I received:

Good morning,

Thanks for taking the time to share your view about Tales from the Tinny and it’s good to hear you enjoy the program.

Scheduling the Tales from the Tinny Radio program on Friday evening gives the program a higher profile and allows a bigger audience the chance to experience this unique Territory content.

In 2017 you will still be able to listen to Tales from the Tinny on the Radio at 5am on a Saturday if you wish.

You can also continue to listen wherever and whenever you like because the Tales from the Tinny podcast will be continue to downloadable from our podcast page.

Thanks for your feedback and we trust you’ll continue to enjoy Tales from the Tinny on air, via podcast or on the ABC Radio App.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 »

Can't say the rooster tail is the smartest thing, but then again it seems common sense can lack in the NT when the blood boils. I'll be on the water but staying away from any shenanigans
Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

Seems to be the standard response to any e-mail. Here is the e-mail address of the NT Coordinator of local radio who runs the scheduling for all ABC regional broadcasts.

[email protected]

The only way the Tinny will stay in the original time slot is if people make their voice heard.

GETAMULLETUPYA :D
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

sent my email in

will see what I get back
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Cap'n Snapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cap'n Snapper »

Sent in my protest to save TFTT.
From little things big things grow.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

I sent a email also and got a preworded response that did not answer my questions.

Cheers grumpy
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)