Beer and Boating

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
doggies66
Seadog
Seadog

Post by doggies66 »

It seems that most of the opinions tend to lead in the same direction. I was raised in QLD in a keen fishing and boating family and one thing that always sticks in my memory is my dad saying that it's a long way from help when your out on the water. I have no prob's with guy's having a few beers but on my boat I don't want people getting drunk and falling over board or worst sticking a gaff in someones leg.

bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

if the deckie turned up to come fishing without a carton under his arm he sure as hell wouldn't get asked back again!!!
I remember a fishing trip years ago down the roper way where 3 of us spent a week in a 12 footer. The rule was that once a gold can was finished it was tossed on the floor to be cleaned out at end of trip. I can tell you that after 5 days the boat was carrying a lot more aluminium!
Arrhhhhh, beautiful.
meatgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by meatgroup »

BarraBeast wrote:
noundz wrote:as I surfaced 3 blokes in a boat went screaming past within 10 metres of my HUGE dive flag clearly displayed on my boat. :
This is case in point mate ..... on the Gold Coast diving, when coming to the surface ... from about 10m (its a bit more vis down there) I was always looking to the surface for idiots who didn't know what a dive flag is all about. And they were most likely licenced.

A licence wont prevent nobbers from doing the wrong thing...

Thanks for the heads up and anecdotes people.... I like a drink, but as skipper and usually alone, I'll leave it for after the cleanup back at home. Kudos to those who enjoy it.... as a deckie, I would too, but it wouldn't be fair to the family to not come home cos I was p...ed on the water and fooked up. :|
Be alert.... the world needs more lerts
bandit

Post by bandit »

some/or all may disagree with me... but i see a big difference between getting on it at the daly or corroboree opposed to at north gutter in a 30 knt easterly :captain: :drinking2: :drinking2: :drinking2:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

A licence won't prevent nobbers from doing the wrong thing...
So true :mrgreen:

I drink a lot of coffee when fishing nowadays, it stops me dozing off behind the wheel. Beers can be like sleeping pills when it is hot and you've had three hours sleep.

Have seen people troll into the river bank fast asleep, it wasn't on my boat of course ... :grin:
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

i am with bandit on this one...

if it is in a populated river, and you have pulled up for the night and dont intend going elswhere, feel free to rip in...particulalry if other boats are about. some of the best times i have had on the water are in exactly this situation.

if i was overnighting in the boat out to sea, or in a remote location on my own, with out another boat for safety, then the risk goes up, and i would be taking it steady.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)