Bali executions

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Bali executions

Post by Hemi »

Good on Indonesia I reckon..!
The pressure from many countries goverments lately to spare the lives of drug dealers has been relentless but theyve held their ground & enforced their laws with maximum force... Something australia lacks to do.

I firmly believe in & support the death penatly for such crimes and think the do-gooders in Australia can get stuffed.!

There were 9 drug traffickers caught that day.. 7 have been given life in prison. Its the two 'ring leaders' that they are putting to death. Fair call in my book! Bali could be executing all nine if they really wanted too!

The world will be rid of two low-lifes it doesnt need.! 8)

"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Bali executions

Post by scottmac »

Maybe they should let you pull the trigger.....
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

I am not pro death penalty but these blokes commited their crime in a sovereign nation and have had a fair hearing throughout the full suite of their legal system. They have to own that. Drugs are a horrible crime and the suffering from the poison these bloke were carrying causes exponential pain to many innocent people. They are who I feel sorry for and not these two blokes.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Cozzy0011
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cozzy0011 »

Seems pretty keen to off em
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

The only thing that I have a problem with is that the afp knew the full situation but still told the indos. If the 9 were allowed to bring the drugs back to oz, the 9 would have been given much less penalties.

I wonder just how much rehabilitation they would have done if they weren't caught
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Good thing the afp let them go, would have cost a fortune in tax payer dollars to keep them in an aussie prison.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

nomad wrote:The only thing that I have a problem with is that the afp knew the full situation but still told the indos. If the 9 were allowed to bring the drugs back to oz, the 9 would have been given much less penalties.

I wonder just how much rehabilitation they would have done if they weren't caught

The AFPs job is to stop drugs coming into the country. If another country knew a crime was to be committed in Australia they would tell us. That is how it works and has for many a year.

As Hemi said these two were the ringleaders

Message to all SAY NO TO DRUGS
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Yes they new the penalties before they did the crime
Barlow and Chambers got an invite to a neck tie party when I was younger and I reckon that deterred a lot of young people from attempting to do the same as they did
It seems to have been forgotten about and now they need to send another clear and precise message
THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO FLAUNT THE LAW IN OUR COUNTRY
In China the family would have to pay for the bullet
The softly, softly approach is not working in Australia and the grubberment needs to HTFU
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Yep, here they would have got a few years, and no re hab. Sure they would have done courses, had councilling etc, but the chances of them being rehabillitated are low.
I believe that being on death row, they probably really are rehabilitated. Time to consider and really change the way they think. If they were released, I dont think they would re ofend. But, the Indo, s must go through with it, and the media coverage should be full on. Maybe deter some future traders.
We are way to soft on serious crime in Australia as far as im concerned.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah ive no problem with them getting the bullet, but it should be in the head and not the chest. slow death.
I was being factitious when i referred to them being rehabilitated. If they got away with the deal in the 1st place, ive no doubt they would be just like all drug dealers and kept going - no way they would have stopped til they got caught.

One positive that should come out of this is that all aspiring drug dealers might think twice before they do it.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

There’s some odd views on drugs from our society which probably has a 90% plus participatory rate in regular drug usage, be it ones deemed legal and others stamped illegal. If you look wider and into the past it’s hard to find an era or culture that has been drug free. Even animals have their fling with drugs, it’s well embedded in us as humans to use them in some way shape or form.
In present society we have some cultures where they are harder on drugs than us, banning alcohol as an example. Hands up who wants to live in those countries? On the other side there are places where there is a much more tolerant view, Netherlands comes to mind.
For some reason we have drawn a line in the sand with what’s legal and what’s not and I’m not sure there’s too much logic in those decisions with respect to how that drug can impact on our lives and those around us, particularly when some of the most destructive and addictive (alcohol and nicotine) are legal. I’m sure that there’d be a few reading this that don’t consider their beer and smokes to be drugs (until they try and give one or both up). I sometimes wonder how that line got drawn, monopolising market share is one reason hard to ignore but haven’t the cigarette and alcohol producers always had our best interests at heart?
As it stands we have two huge industries revolving around drug production, marketing and retailing. One legal and the other illegal and we have a society prepared to wear the outcomes of at least the legal trade in terms of negative impacts on society in a trade-off for enjoying our personal recreational habits.
Both industries have multiple strategies on specifics such as production and distribution. Contracts and timelines need to be met. One country shooting 100 low level personnel is not going to register anything more than a momentary blip on the process. It does however give that country the ability to say they have stopped the transport of a few kilos, all this while the tonnages slip by through other means.
Simply put we’re not going to stop any form of the drug industry regardless of what penalties we impose for as long as there is a market.
With that in mind I simply can’t condone the death penalty for being a part of the supply chain of something we accept as being an important part of our recreational lives – the taking of drugs, simply because for some reason one drug is legal and one is not. If a country wants to lock them up for 25 years such is the risk those people have to deal with. Death is a different ball game. It’s always argued harsh penalties save lives. I’d say it does nothing of the sort and use history to argue my point.
The sad reality is that people die every day from legal and illegal drug usage. The answer is not to ban the practice it’s to make the practice not all that important to individuals within our society. You’ll never stop it but I think you’d have a better chance of reducing its impacts. The question is how do you get (as an example) a rec angler to stop thinking that knocking back a heap of tinnies over a day out on the water is not the normal thing to do?
Regards Dick
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Hey Dick you must be living in a great place if alcohol and ciggies are your most addictive drug you have to worry about
We have ice here and believe me the two you mention have nothing on that stuff
When you've had someone in your family get on to that stuff it really sends the message home about hard drugs
I'm not gong to get into a debate about it but some things just should not be available to anyone apart from for medical use
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Agreed including the debate, I think we can all point to personal examples of how legal and illegal drugs have torn families apart, no one is Robinson Crusoe on that one. As I said history shows that there's so much money in it harsher penalties are not or ever will be an effective deterrent. They look good though hence the preference for them over what may well be more effective measures.
Regards Dick
Gagey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gagey »

Right and wrong, Dick, right and wrong. these people rolled the dice and lossed. Dealing with drugs in those countries is fraught with danger and the signs are every where. We have enough cr.p in our lives without them bringing their poop back from Asia, just ask any family member having to deal with addition of any type. And Dick, you are right about illegal and legal, I'm trying to give up smoking after 47 years and its bl..dy hard, I using some vegetable oil and flavouring with an electronic device to assist with the nicotine withdrawal.

ps Dick, I gave up alcohol 27 years ago, I'm living proof you don't have to be drunk to be an ass - whole.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Indonesia ranks very poorly in the world corruption ratings, below the likes of Mexico and Colombia ...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157073/corru ... nesia.aspx

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com ... nesia.aspx

http://www.worldaudit.org/corruption.htm

A highly corrupt country shooting drug dealers for "justice"?

Isn't Bali awash with drugs despite these harsh laws?

On a separate note, I see that in today's Tassie newspaper someone is advertising with a huge ad "breast enlargement creams" and "fat reduction creams". Should be some justice dealt out there I reckon, or is advertising such stuff acceptable in Australia?