Thursday Friday Saturday at shady

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Thursday Friday Saturday at shady

Post by theodosius »

Awesome!

ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Great trip report, good on ya
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Yeah Balou great report mate good to see you got onto some great fish also'

looks like the mid week is a bit quitter.

Cheers matre
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Great report Balou we got down there as well, myself & Pecheur for 1st of incoming tide at sampan on Friday morning, we launched around 8.30am with no real hassles, did come across a car not too far from ramp with the boat trailerhaving a broken hitch bar and gave the fellas nice young son (sorry forgot his name) a lift down to ramp so he could fish with the other boat they travelled down with before he went back south for uni, whilst dad organized boat retrieval but as dad said 2 of them couldn't do anymore than one in that situation - well done dad!!
Balou was right pandemonium at sampan mouth, I heard of a count of 75 boats from seano, we saw quite a few good fish caught, doorsoff with a 98 and heard of a 118 from Thursday and a 120 from earlier Friday, bite after 1st incoming only lasted about 2hrs and we like many others missed out in the great sampan lottery.

We then ducked off to tommycut to get away from the crowds to camp overnight with "dragonmaster" which was a good plan as we boated and released 91, 93, 93,111 from there plus some smaller models plus one 64cm thready, dropped a couple of around 90 as well before heading back after incoming on the Sat, got back to ramp around 4pm with probably 8-10 boats at ramp but no hassle again retrieving, all in all a great trip and we only got a bit wet when we where leaving tommycut on the Saturday.

All in all most people very well behaved considering the crowds and all the big fish we saw caught and by us as well were all released to populate the water ways with more barra, also all fish we caught were very healthy and fat.

Unless more rain comes down (or water downstream) I would think you would have to launch on tides pretty soon as
not a lot of it around the ramp or coming over barrage.

ps sorry for stealing your post/thunder Balou but thought might was well keep similar posts together

cheers Craig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Not probs Craig thanks for posting up your fish from the weekend .

Congrats on the great barras caught.
Scamper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Scamper »

good post and well done Balou
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Nice to finally meet you Balou, we had a good trip although we struggled to hook a decent barra. Managed a couple of clean fish in a couple of creeks on the way home.

I think the tally was about 12 Thready's, 6 small barra's and a little Jew that took a strada in the mouth of sampan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris