Bynoe

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bynoe

Post by Bushy »

Gday everyone can anyone give me some ideas / tips for Bynoe im hedding there monday and would like to get my young fella onto his first ever barra and mudcrabs.
With the barra nationals on at Daly wont go there until next weekend.

Spotter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bynoe

Post by Spotter »

Good tides on Monday. I've always hit up the creeks on the left after leaving the boat ramp near Sandpalms. Last couple hours of the outgoing followed by the first couple hours of the incoming. Eat your lunch at slack water. Good luck.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good flats fishing in the lee areas, bigger tides just fish the drains as you would anywhere else.

That jetty wreck off Crab Claw is well worth a drop at the turn, seems to be a lot of jewie reports this year so might be worth a diversion from the baz.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Thanks heaps guys. Looks like a nice creek right out from the ramp also. Stocked up on some plastics today and a new rod for the lad.
I got small squid and mullet for bait would that be ok for jew.
Might set my lad up with his new rod off the beach down there also while i enjoy a nice cold beverage.
Thanks for the help everyone
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

If you've got a cast net try and get a few live mullet for on the paternoster rigs for the bigger fussy bugger jewies. I run them 1 to 2m off the bottom. And throw a bit of squid on the bottom hook for attracting the pickers and the odd goldie ...
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Thanks goldfish but no cast net . Might set up a light line small hooks see if we can catch a few mullet with some bread prehaps.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Can anyone explain the tides a bit for me at Bynoe.
I just dont want to be stuck out there with kids on board.
Looked at the tide and for mon 9.51am is 2.4m and at 3.54pm its 6.5m . Think the lowest tide while im there is 1.6m.
How much water do i need to get out and most important to get back.
Im in the palmerston area if anyone wants to explain with a cold bevy. Sometimes easier rather than the computer.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

really depends which ramp you launch off Bushy I'm in Palmo, shoot me a PM if you want, happy to catch up and run you through how I fish it