SWA Sunday To be or not to be Plus Gunn Pt Road Report

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

SWA Sunday To be or not to be Plus Gunn Pt Road Report

Post by fishfanatic »

NOT TO BE.....
Let me explain. After not getting out on the water for around six months or so due to work commitments and other less pleasant events I decided to hit the Narrows today see if I could snag a jewie. I know what you're going to say "the tides too big blah blah....anyway I was desperate to get out. Prepared everything last night up early at 0400 off at 0430 8) .
The road is quite good some corrugations but not too bad. Managed to keep to a steady 70kmh.....could have pushed it up to 80 but not having driven the road for such a long time took it easy :wink: .
Anyway get to the ramp and first thing I saw was a group of eight drunken :drinking7: :drinking5: bogans :hunting: wearing high vis wear...shirts I recognised as belonging to some of Inpex's contractors :| :mrgreen: . A few were too drunk to wake up themselves as I pulled in..their mates had to wake them up as they were sleeping on the road in front of the boat ramp.

Backing the boat down the ramp to a chorus of :jester: drunken comments I thought "let's get the hell out of here". :fubird: .
Well getting out to unhook the boat I noticed NO WINCH handle...the damn thing somehow snapped off (must have developed a crack) on the corrugated road. Well this development spurred a volley of smart arse laughter :moon: and comments "leave it with us well look after it for you while you look for your winch handle". Yeah right..
Anyway I decided seeing how I was on my pat Malone and was expecting to come back later tonight I had better just turn around and go home as retrieving on yr own at night with a current running with no winch handle is no mean task. :|
Anyway time for another winch....the another assault on those jewies....

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SWA Sunday To be or not to be Plus Gunn Pt Road Report

Post by jeffish »

Bummer.... think you made the right choice.
The peanut gallery would make you feel uncomfortable.
newtotheNT

Post by newtotheNT »

Name and shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Bugger Fishfanatic, sounds like a nightmare of a trip and I reckon you did the righty by taking off. I've still got a good, heavy duty three cog boat winch for sale if you don't want to spend the big bucks on a new one. Comes with a detachable handle so you won't have to worry about it snapping off! View my previous postings for a price - the only thing that didn't sell on my garage sale post! Winch has a heavy duty strap that is in good nic also. OB :D
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Once Bitten wrote:Bugger Fishfanatic, sounds like a nightmare of a trip and I reckon you did the righty by taking off. I've still got a good, heavy duty three cog boat winch for sale if you don't want to spend the big bucks on a new one. Comes with a detachable handle so you won't have to worry about it snapping off! View my previous postings for a price - the only thing that didn't sell on my garage sale post! Winch has a heavy duty strap that is in good nic also. OB :D
I have a spare handle in case some numpty forgets to remove the other one. Hasn't happened yet...
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

frig that. Treat them as speed bumps and go fishing
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Comes with a detachable handle
Hate the detachables! Is there anyone on here who has not lost a detachable winch handle at some stage??

Good of you to offer a winch though.

Sounds like a cr.p trip FF, but it will add good karma to the next trip :mrgreen:
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

My handle is the detachable type, but with a drill hole and a split pin holding it on. So if it breaks, I can always borrow one or replace it.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Matt Flynn wrote:
Comes with a detachable handle
Hate the detachables! Is there anyone on here who has not lost a detachable winch handle at some stage??

Good of you to offer a winch though.

Sounds like a cr.p trip FF, but it will add good karma to the next trip :mrgreen:
Ive lost one handle and found another a week after.
so i ended up buying a spare and still couldnt find it. ended up using the wheel brace
:bonk:
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

yep lost a detachable once ,, but that was nicked while in for service :fubird:

Always stays in the ute now , plus a spare in the boat for when I forget to put
it back in the ute , cause it won't be there when you get back :evil: or any
D shackles you leave on the trailer,