Dinah Beach Boat Ramp Jetty

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dinah Beach Boat Ramp Jetty

Post by tristan.sloan »

AFANT is currently in discussions with the Department of Transport to extend and improve the Dinah Beach Jetty due to the problem of tenders being tied to the jetty and preventing recreational fishermen from launching and retrieving their boats. Could any recreational fishermen who support an enlarged and upgraded jetty please send e-mails of support that we can forward on to the Department of Transport to [email protected]

Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dinah Beach Boat Ramp Jetty

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Seriously....
Start spending money on ramps where people want them. frig Dinah beach. What about a bit of concrete at Dundee? Shady?
Next thing you will be telling us your in negotiations to spend more money at lizzy
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

G'day scotty, you haven't obviously read the progress reports on Dundee and Shady camp boat ramps released in the last week by NT Fisheries........Lats even put it on the FFF last week :banghead:

Fairly simple and cheap matter to put another pontoon on the Dinah Beach Jetty, we just need a bit of public support to get the Department of Transport motivated to fix this problem.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Awesome idea mate. Needs to go off to the left so the ramp is always clear.
DRAGONMASTER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DRAGONMASTER »

why not just stop the tenders being left there?
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Dinah beach is one of the busiest ramps, add more lanes and pontoons please.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Sorry Tristan must have missed that post. So what your saying is those ramps are both receiving upgrades? When will the work start then? And what work is being carried out? Bit late in the year to start something like that isn't it. Was promised Dundee ramp years ago too.
Tried doing a search for the post but nothing come up from lats that I seen
Still too much money is being spent on ramps that don't need it.
Simply get rid of the tenders
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Scottie, search for Dundee Boat Ramp - Upgrade
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

How about dredging the ramp out as well. It is a pain in the back side to rely on a 2m or more of tide to launch and retrieve. Surely a all tide ramp near Darwin is possible?????
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Good plan I reckon Tristan , and yes it needs dredging and lets not just slap
another pontoon off the end . Dredge out that mud flat to the left (looking at it from the top )
by at least 30 mts and 3 mts deep then run 3 pontoons off about half way at 90 degrees then all the tender dicks can tie up of that and leave the ramp clear...

hmmm no that won't work because no one enforces the rules down there ,, and the tenders
will still tie up where they please anyway, :evil:

But yes I fully support any sort of upgrade down at Dinah ,,,, always thought it was a bit of a slap up job to start with.

PS , The car park needs extended . a wash down bay wouldn't be too bad either.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

All for it and will be sending an email through, it needs a pontoon on the rock wall side to help reduce the wait times so people with families can launch more easily and safely by utilising either side.
Trev&Tara
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Trev&Tara »

Fully supportive of any upgrade to the pontoons and the carpark with a wash down facility. How about a tiolet as well. It is uncomfortable when you have that urge and the boat has just been launched. Especially with the mozzies in the mangroves.
Regards
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

Agree trev and tara, a toilet is a must for such a busy ramp. I would have thought dinah was much more busy? As for tenders; don't think your going to stop them parking up. Extend the ramp to the left and definately a dredge
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

I'm expecting gold-plated ramps before the next election at Shady, Dundee & Dinah now that there's some loose change from the sale of the port.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Good to see some interest in this post, I'll be expecting some e-mails I can pass onto Minister Chandler.

The plan from the department of Transport is to create an L shaped jetty with a pontoon to the left of the existing jetty, tenders would be then instructed to tie up inside the L if that makes sense. Toilets are an excellent suggestion. I would also suggest CCTV cameras for the car park in those e-mails as well ;)

Scotty, I'm back in the office in Monday if you want to give me a call and I'll talk you through the geotechnical and design stuff they are doing prior to construction now for Dundee and Shady Camp