Dinah Beach Boat Ramp Jetty

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dinah Beach Boat Ramp Jetty

Post by itsinmeblood »

even in qld you don't need rego for a small tender
easy way to identify the owners would be to padlock them to the pontoon and leave a number to call to get them unlocked....for a price

fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

bring on rego :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ,RUN
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

tristan.sloan wrote:Sorry I missed these responses guys.....unfortunately from talking to both the department of transport and water police the signage is basically a massive bluff, while it is technically illegal neither department has the power to enforce it under their operating procedures or legislation and due to no boat registration in the NT they cant even identify the owners to warn them.....bit of a joke really but hopefully we can alleviate the problem with an expansion of the Jetty

Isn't it likely that by extending the jetty that it may encourage more of the same from other inconsiderate tender owners? Without the powers to deal with the current problem and increasing the size of the jetty is likely to cause an increasing issue, not elevate it... Like waiving a lure in front of a barra :D I take it that given that the tenders being tied up have no rego on them that the owners are locals??? Or is it that in some states tenders don't need rego?
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Its been said before but the ramp/pontoon is for all water users. The tenders can be a PIA but what other option do they have? They cant drag the thing up the ramp out of the way. All the talk of cutting them free is just stupid and is going to aggravate the issue.
Send an email in, (it doesn’t have to be War and Peace) so they have some idea of what is required. Remember the squeaky wheel thing!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

nomad wrote:Its been said before but the ramp/pontoon is for all water users. The tenders can be a PIA but what other option do they have? They cant drag the thing up the ramp out of the way. All the talk of cutting them free is just stupid and is going to aggravate the issue.

Spot on Nomad.
Darwinblue
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Darwinblue »

Sunday pm come back in to Dinah ramp, the kid goes and gets car an trailer while I wait around 50m off the pontoon. Yachty putputs past me and I say gday....he says f**k off and promptly ties up to the end of the pontoon and turns and flips me the bird - not the first time I've been spoken too politely by them.
stop sticking up for them...the majority are feral f***tards living off the grid and living off those off us who pay taxes and who gave gained the right to use public amenities in the right manner.
Next asshole is going to find drill holes in his boat
Darwin Blue
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

I would have untied his tender and pushed it out into the bay at the very least! :fubird: No need for that attitude.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Couple of them living down the back of Francis Bay are especially rude, one tried to run me over with a much bigger boat for boating too close to moorings which were not even his own, one day they will pick on the wrong person.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

yes, one of them offered my old man a meeting back at the ramp. Well the old man being the old man, he took the offer with pride and couldn't wait to get back to the ramp. The yachty shat himself and went and hid back in his yacht. I'm pretty glad he did because it wasn't gonna end well for any one. lol
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

I'm glad I have never had the pleasure of meeting them delightful souls