AFANT AGM Sunday 6th March- Guest Speakers and Prizes

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

AFANT AGM Sunday 6th March- Guest Speakers and Prizes

Post by tristan.sloan »

The Chief Minister and Fisheries Minister will both be speaking with time available for questions from AFANT members.

There will also be fishing gear prize raffle, five fishing reels to be drawn for new members who sign up on the day and our annual members draw of a tackle box full of Reidy’s lures worth approximately $900. Official media release below.

AFANT 2016 AGM - A year in review,
The AFANT 2016 Annual General Meeting will be held at 10:00 am on Sunday 6th March at Tracy Village Social and Sports Club, Tambling Terrace, Lyons.

The core business of the AGM will include the Presidents report, Treasurers report, the adoption of the 2015 AFANT Annual Report and the election of new committee members.

The major issue to be addressed at this year’s AGM will be the progress of the Dundee Beach and Shady Camp boat ramps as no construction work has commenced on this important election commitment.

AFANT President Warren de With said today “AFANT’s is eagerly awaiting the construction of the self-launch boat ramp at Dundee Beach as this is of particular interest to our members. We look forward to the government’s progress report on this issue.”
The NT Department of Fisheries will also provide an update on the monitoring program to gauge the recovery and success of the 2015 regulation changes for at-risk reef fish. In addition chief fisheries scientist Dr.Thor Saunders will conduct a presentation on the Barramundi tagging program, stock levels and recapture rates across the Northern Territory.

Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) is an issue of interest to the recreational fishing community of the NT due to the risks the industry poses to the environment, aquifers and aquatic habitats of the Top End. Mr. Ron Kelly from the Department of Mines and Energy will provide a presentation on the government’s policy and environmental regulations.

Additionally Mr Bob Richards will provide a presentation on the growth of the enormously successful Humpty Doo Barramundi Farm and what the future of Aquaculture looks like for Northern Australia. This is a topic of interest to many AFANT members due to its potential to play an important role in food production, generate economic development in the Northern Territory and reduce commercial fishing pressure on wild fish stocks.

“These are just some of the significant topics to be addressed at the AGM to ensure AFANT remains steadfast in our commitment to represent recreational fishing in the NT and ensure the quality of our sport” AFANT President Warren de With" said.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: AFANT AGM Sunday 6th March- Guest Speakers and Prizes

Post by Lats »

I need more Reidy's lures :lol: :lol:
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Probably the worse timing for this, as many potential new members (myself included) will be at shady fishing the comp, 122 people not including sponsors!
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

I agree Seano. Unfortunately the venue was booked well in advance of the announcement of the TEB's dates and could not be changed.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

seano wrote:Probably the worse timing for this, as many potential new members (myself included) will be at shady fishing the comp, 122 people not including sponsors!

I thought that you would have been sick of winning everything already! :)
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Anyone on here go? Anything interesting???
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

Yeah I rocked up - picked up the rod and reel combo raffle prize so worth the trip.

Some good discussion regarding water licences, fracking and commercial pressures. The most interesting I thought was Thors (DPIF?) discussion on Jewfish, Golden Snapper and Barra stocks.

Usual talk from Liberals/Labour about boat ramps, artificial reefs, commitments.

Went for 3 hours or more and maybe they'll be some minutes I can post if anyone's interested later
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

I enjoyed it too
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Good meeting as per usual. Good turnout as-well considering the weather and tides!