Ute tray builders

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Ute tray builders

Post by Hally10 »

Looking to ditch the style side for a flat steel tray. Who in darwin does custom work for trays. Wanting a painted steel tray with wooden bed. If anyone has a pic or two or their hilux would be great for ideas.

Rhet
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Ute tray builders

Post by Rhet »

Falcon engineering do a good job quality wise. But the ethics of how they conduct business in a case that I know of, should make one skeptical whether they deserve your money. Just make sure you take your tape measure when you pick up the vehicle, as the tray I know of was about 10" shorter than ordered and paid for (he didn't realise until the following day) and when he approached them about the matter he was told that it was too late, he'd accepted the job.

A member of the staff (I'm not suggesting management was aware of it) also removed his esky from the back seat to a spot "that was safer" inside the workshop.

Make up your own mind about that I guess.
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hally10 »

Cheers rhet
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Falcon did my steel canopy and were great. Take a respirator for the front office though!