Infamous Injector Rattle!!

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Infamous Injector Rattle!!

Post by scottmac »

The guy I bought the injectors off gave me instructions on how to do it manually. It involves connecting and disconnecting the battery several times. It seemed to work for me. I haven't had it to a mechanic since, but seems to be running fine. I think I've still got them somewhere. Or you could take it to a mechanic to reprogram the Ecu for you.

The seals in mine were stuffed as well. If it blows smoke on starting after parking on a hill there stuffed. I had to work that one out myself, no mechanic I went to could tell me.

cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Infamous Injector Rattle!!

Post by cjgp »

Mate the best injector cleaner is Automatic Transmission Fluid fed straight into the fuel filter or the first line headed to the fuel pump.

I was told this by a fellow who may not want to be named but who has a diesel contracting business here in Darwin. He told me when I was having loads of issues with my troopy. I got a nipple from hosepower, (one end has a thread the other has a bayonet or mutli layered end where you can slip the fuel line over) I drill a hole an screwed that into the ATF bottle lid, and then connected that to the fuel line, started her up and let it drink the fluid. Cleaned those suckers right out. The cleaner you used was just cr.p.And over priced at that.

Hope it helps