How not to snatch a vehicle

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: How not to snatch a vehicle

Post by Ben Jam »

What pisses me off is that they modelled there show off Malcome Douglas with all there segments. They don't come close to being the bushy that man was. I'm pretty sure they just watch MD then go out and try copy it.

"We would get here if it wasn't for TJM......" Bullshlt drive around it ya dikhead.

I still haven't seen them catch a decent fish yet!!!

----------------------------
-----------------------------
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Well Doug, they don't have to show us the stuff ups, they can edit what they want, so I give em the thumbs up!

Better than watching some other numptys yelling "stop the bus!" Or spme other bloke guided to top fish every episode, out of most peoples price range, the whole time advertising the chain of shops he works for/owns. Or that other tool who ambushes some poor bloke in a tackle shop, then makes the poor bloke tell him how good he is, and how good brand x is the whole show.

All for adventure at least has realism and semi normal blokes doing bloke stuff, without a modern fishing uniform on.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Would be a good show for down south city folk.
Most the guys up here would see twice as much with half the gear. A touch too much sponsor's gear for me and not enough content in each show with TV and sponsor advertisements

Have seen them with a fair few other 4x4s as support and cameras
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Stop the bus! Haha what a tool

Sent from Fogazi's phone
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

im with you barratrooper , rather watch these blokes over 90% poo on tv these days. Sure there bit loose and do stupid stuff , but most set up for the camera.
They go to sum bl..dy top places up north, good to see on tv. Every tv presenter in these type shows fishing 4wd gets bagged out by the so called fishing 4wd drive experts.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Yeah I like there show to probably the best on normal TV just saying they do some stupid poop.
The Rosie creek track was the worst driving off the roads everywhere trying to make there own tracks wrecking the V8 cruiser in the process breaking winches by not jacking up cars before winching out
Yeah they certainly push there products but that's where there money and gear is coming from
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

The bottom line in any adventure is to never put yourself in a situation when you can drive around instead.
Never run thru deep water when there is an alternative.

I would love to see how they got out of the rollover.
My point is that they put themselves into crazy situations every week. Situations that the average Joe in a 4wd can’t afford to damage.
That’s NOT what 4wding is about
Sponsored or not, they now have 2 seriously damaged or dead vehicles
You can have plenty of adventures without destroying gear.
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

nomad wrote:The bottom line in any adventure is to never put yourself in a situation when you can drive around instead.
Never run thru deep water when there is an alternative.

I would love to see how they got out of the rollover.
My point is that they put themselves into crazy situations every week. Situations that the average Joe in a 4wd can’t afford to damage.
That’s NOT what 4wding is about
Sponsored or not, they now have 2 seriously damaged or dead vehicles
You can have plenty of adventures without destroying gear.
its wat the hole show based on couple bogan aussies doing stupid stuff in real remote places . Its why i like to watch it cause its different and i no they will push the boundrys to stupid, makes worth watching. I dont agree with much they are doing wrecking tracks stuffing there gear etc , but would not watch it if it was another boring old fart telling you wat not to do like ya old man or school teacher. Next you will be saying its bad viewing for our up coming P plate drivers or the guys of hook line and sinker don't take fishing serious enough . Each to there own i guess :mrgreen:
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

If you look at the clip whe he launches in there's already fresh tracks going across, looks like they had a few goes before they could get stuck properly for the camera, we went past where this happened last october the holes they dug were still there, although they could have done as we did and just drive around the mud flat on nice high solid ground only added about 1 km to the drive to the bank launch spot :P
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

I noticed the amount of tracks going across that little creek. I thought there must be a lot of people driving these remote creeks nowadays.
It is pretty basic not to try and snatch or winch something out sideways. We grew up 4wdriving up here and all we had were snatch straps, shovels and a hi lift jack. Plus sticks and grass. There wasn't very often someone had a working winch. We never had anything fall over.
I think the problem with these guys is they are obviously way too sober...
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Yeah all them channels are cross able on neaps tides that's why the tracks look a bit faded first big tides there all soft again no different to the mud flats around here ..
Yeah I had to learn the hard way with a hi lift jack and big logs :) :)
Agree about the sober part tho they never seem to have a beer even around camp ? Maybe they on the coke? Or glass BBQ???? :) :)
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah they are interesting that’s for sure and lots of people watch them (me included). That’s all the networks are interested in.
They must be really switched on to be able to sell the story to the networks and the gear supplier.
Like you say, they could have driven a few hundred m up the road to do the crossing, but then it would be like the other shows.
It would be nice for them to show how to do things properly – if they only knew how to
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

At least they give us something to laugh at I guess... :rofl:
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by COOPS »

all about ads, must admit I don't mind the show if it wasn't for all the ads

you must have to be a massive wanker to get a gig on these shows, stop the bus, that Paul Worstelling etc....
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

River Monsters with Jeremy Wade has to be the pick of em
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.